I’m running Ubuntu Breezy. The latest Gimp available - 2.2.x still suffers from insufficient text manipulation functionality e.g. letter spacing, transfomations. It seems some improvements will be available in 2.4. Till then a Freetype plugin can help a bit.
The page offers just a source so you need to compile and install it:
- Get the source code
apt-get install libgimp2.0-dev
- Untar source/configure/make/make install
- Start gimp, you’ll find it in Filters>Text>Freetype
- Add path (configure) of each font you want to use separately. Adding just
/usr/share/fontsis not enough.
You are currently browsing the AlephZarro weblog archives for gimp.
- XPather 1.4 on Firefox 3
- Easy cron scheduling in Ruby.
- Rhotoalbum - a ruby photo album generator
- Acquisition of LumberJaczk Technologies
- JSSh for Firefox on Linux (because Firewatir loves it)
- Subversion: move, migrate, split
- Installation of Subversion on Ubuntu, with Apache, SSL, and BasicAuth.
- XPather 1.3 on Firefox 2.0
- New Version of XPather 1.1
- On-top-of-Web Applications’ Address: lumberjaczk.org